Here is the history of vvvP development.
- Added 5-stars rating to images.
- Some small fixes.
- Added the timeline view. It is a quick way to browse images by date.
- Some small fixes.
- Added color management. Now vvvP supports color profiles embedded into
- File integrity check. The program can check cataloged files for changes,
for examples caused by file corruption.
- It is possible to create a list of external programs, and it is possible
to open the selected images (or a copy of the images) with one of those
programs using a menu. For example it is possible to open a copy of the
selected image in an image editor.
- Now the program shows number and size of the selected images in the status
- Now the program shows the image description (if any) in the status bar of
the main window and of the image viewer.
- Added RAW images handling.
- Now the image viewer uses a high quality interpolator, so images are
always sharp and have a natural look.
- When cataloging JPEG images it is now possible to use the embedded preview
(if available) to create the thumbnails. This option is faster but
thumbnails quality can be much lower with some cameras, so it is not enabled
- Better handling of broken images.
- Added the ability to remove a fixed location in the Fixed locations
- The image viewer window has been reworked, with larger improvements to the
Linux and OS X versions.
- Faster thumbnails presentation. Previous versions read all the thumbnails
from the catalog before showing them and this could take some time in case
of a large number of thumbnails. Now thumbnails are displayed as soon as
they are read from the catalog, so the program is more responsive.
- Added the ability to delete from the catalog files and folders in the
fixed and removable view.
- Fixed a bug in the Linux version: it was not possible to assign correctly
some images to a virtual folder. It was only possible to assign folders.
- Added the ability to rename a virtual folder.
- Added the ability to resize or delete the thumbnails of the selected images.
- Added an Edit/Select All
menu to select all the images in a folder.
- In the Linux version the image viewer is now much faster.
- Added a list of recently selected folders to the Add to virtual folder window
to speed up repetitive selections.
- Added File/Backup and File/Restore menu commands to backup and restore a
- Minor bug fixes.